Sunday, April 26, 2015

Meeting Prince

Prince dancing in church. Sorry it's a little fuzzy, but I think you get the point!
Long before I ever came to Ghana and Haven of Hope, I heard about Prince.  I read of his significant spinal deformities, and the need for surgery to save his life. I read of the generosity of so many, the success of his surgeries, and the need for more surgeries.  But nothing prepared me to hold this sweet boy in my arms!  On my first day here, during the morning church service, he jumped onto my lap (as best he could!) and gave me a hug.  I almost had to pry him off when it came time for me to get up and speak!  Today, a week after our first meeting, I watched Prince dance around the activity center, with all the other kids, glowing with incredible joy.  Not a bad dancer!

I'm grateful to those of you who helped Prince in his time of need!  Be assured that your generosity made a big difference!  And thank you to Doug and Sally Wayner, who made Prince's cause their own, so that he would have a chance to live a full and happy life.  Jesus came to bring abundant life and joy - and now Prince is experiencing it first hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment