Sunday, July 17, 2016

By God's Grace

Haven of Hope children helping to lead worship at the Sunday morning service.

Ghanaians are fond of saying "by God's grace, I'm doing well" when they are asked how they are doing.  They seem to understand that all our blessings come from God, who continually shows us mercy and grace!  I'm not quite so good at that.  It is easy for me to forget that my very life is a gift from Him!  I have a friend in Uganda who starts almost every prayer with, "thank you for life and breath."  I take it all for granted.  But whenever I travel in Africa and visit with my African friends, my perspective changes, and I am reminded of my need to thank God for even the simplest of things: for the sunrise, for a safe trip across town, for a hot meal, and for good health.  Being thankful is a choice.  Let's all make a point to thank the Giver of all good things for His love and blessings!

Our trip has gone well so far!  We have visited with many staff members as well as ECM missionaries Jim and Carolyn Driscoll.  The staff workshop that was held on Saturday was a big success, and everyone had a lot of fun (and may have learned a thing or two as well!).  We were blessed to be a part of the Haven of Hope worship service today, and tomorrow we are off to the Eastern Region to visit one of ECM's projects, plus the newly started piggery.  More meetings on Tuesday, and then off to Uganda on Wednesday.  Please pray for us as our journey continues. By God's grace we will carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment